Leicester sign Nigerian Ahmed Musa from CSKA for €18.8m
The Nigerian international joins on a four-year deal as The Foxes continue to bolster their squad for the defence of their Premier League title
Premier League champions Leicester City are to sign Nigerian international attacking midfielder Ahmed Musa from Russian champions CSKA Moscow for $21 million (18.8 million euros).
Separately, Leicester announced earlier Sunday they had signed former France Under-21 midfielder Nampalys Mendy from Nice on a four-year deal, as they bolster their squad for a tilt at the Champions League.
The 23-year-old Musa, who scored a brace for Nigeria in a 3-2 defeat against Argentina in the 2014 World Cup finals, is to sign a five-year deal.
"A Player made for the Premier League"
"He'll be leaving Tuesday," CSKA coach Leonid Slutsky told Russian media of the player, who joined CSKA in 2012 and has scored 53 goals in 161 games.
"And if you look at the way things are done over there you'll see he is a player just made for English football," Slutsky said.
Leicester's first signing since winning the English Premier League was Sporting Gijon defender Luis Hernandez on a free transfer.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: 20 January could be a key date for a new round of payments
- US Election 2020 Biden announces first nominations for White House cabinet
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in December?
- us news US Presidential Election & covid-19 updates: Trump, Biden, results, cases, latest news
- Champions League Juventus vs Ferencvaros: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- FOOTBALL Zlatan Ibrahimovic attacks EA Sports for using his image