"Sell Payet? If there's an offer from Real Madrid or Barcelona..."
The co-owner of West Ham, David Gold, tells The Sun: "It would be difficult to keep him.You can’t have a great player like Dimitri and expect no one to make a bid."
The future of Dimitri Payet – who starred in France’s 5-2 Euro 2016 victory over Iceland on Sunday night – continues to be one of the major themes of this summer’s transfer market.
And co-owner of West Ham, David Gold, has admitted to the The Sun that there has been strong interest from La Liga in the player. “We’ll fight tooth and nail to make sure Dimitri pulls on a claret and blue shirt next season,” he told the UK newspaper.
“If he wanted to move, it would be difficult to keep him”
“We want to improve our squad and Dimitri is an integral part of what we’re trying to do. But we also must be realistic. If Barcelona or Real Madrid made a bid and he wanted to move there, it would be difficult to keep him.
“You can’t have a great player like Dimitri and expect no one to make a bid, especially with the performances he’s producing at the Euros.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?