Griezmann top Euro scorer as France make first-half history
The Atlético Madrid striker now has four goals at Euro 2016, while France also break Euros record for most first-half goals
Antoine Griezmann scored his fourth goal of Euro 2016 on Sunday night as France overcame Iceland 5-2 to progress to the semifinals. The Atlético Madrid striker got his latest strike with a beautiful dink over goalkepper Halldorsson.
Griezmann is only the second ever France player to score four or more goals at a European Championships after Michel Platini, who netted all nine of his efforts in the 1984 edition of the competition.
France make first-half history
His four goals also make him Euro 2016’s top scorer so far, while the four that Les Blues put past Iceland in the opening 45 minutes made them the first ever team to score so many in the first half of a game in the tournament’s history.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Donald Trump links job numbers to a ‘great day’ for George Floyd
- Coronavirus New York records lowest number of daily coronavirus deaths since pandemic started
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd death: what do we know about the four police officers? Charges and backgrounds
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- Coronavirus How much money has been sent in stimulus checks and how much remains unsent?