REAL MADRID | STOICHKOV
"Ronaldo will probably still win the Ballòn d'Òr for being guapo!"
Hristo Stoichkov has a bit of history with controversial statements about Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo, he wasn't holding back on Cadena Cope, Spanish radio.
Hristo Stoichkov enjoys a bit of controversy, and rarely misses a chance to needle the 'eternal enemy' Real Madrid and its totemic figure Cristiano Ronaldo. Speaking on Spanish Radio channel Cadena Cope, the ex-Barcelona player discussed contenders for this year's Ballò d'Òr, praising Griezmann and Gareth Bale: "Griezmann is blowing everyone away and playing some spectacular football, but they'll probably give it to Cristiano Ronaldo again for being guapo!"
He did show some love for the Welsh madridista saying Bale will be among the candidates for the coveted prize "if Wales make the final".
The Bulgarian also played down polemics over the Del Bosque Iker Casillas rift, saying it was "normal" and there was "no need for the drama".
Stoichkov was in topical mood, categorical on the issue of Leo Messi's retirement: "Messi will play again for Argentina".
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures