Atlético technical director in Milan for Bacca talks - report
Gazzetta dello Sport says Andrea Berta travelled to the city on Tuesday, with Los Colchoneros prepared to offer the striker 3.8m a year.
- LaLiga Santander, matchday 20: Alavés-Atlético Live.
Rumours linking striker Carlos Bacca with a move to Atlético Madrid have been further fuelled by reports that Los Rojiblancos' technical director was spotted in Milan on Tuesday.
Atleti ready to pay 25 million for Bacca
According to the newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport, Andrea Berta travelled to the city for talks with AC Milan over the signing of Bacca, with Atlético prepared to part with 25 million euros for the former Sevilla marksman.
Gazzetta adds that last season's Champions League runners-up are ready to hand the Colombia international a contract worth 3.8 million euros a year.
Bacca an alternative to Costa
As Atleti struggle to make headway over principal target Diego Costa or their chief alternative to the Chelsea man, Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, they have set their sights on additional options - including Bacca.
Before joining Milan in 2015, 29-year-old Bacca enjoyed two successful campaigns in LaLiga with Sevilla.
Meanwhile, reports in Italy alternatively suggest that Berta was in Milan to meet Wanda Nara, the wife and agent of Inter Milan forward Mauro Icardi.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League United worry ahead of Liverpool game as De Gea limps off for Spain
- Spain U-21 Barcelona teenage sensation Ansu Fati makes Spain U-21 debut
- PSG Tuchel: "It's not nice to hear Neymar saying he wants to leave"
- FOOTBALL UEFA charge Bulgaria over racist chants and Nazi salutes
- Euro 2020 Euro 2020 qualifying tables
- BARCELONA Barcelona planning 589 km bus trip to Eibar