Atlético sign teenage promise Diogo Jota
The club confirmed the signing of the 19-year-old winger, who joins on a five-year deal from Paços de Ferreira and was a target for several clubs, including Barcelona.
Atlético confirmed today that they have signed promising winger Diogo Jota who joins on a five- year contract from Portuguese side, Paços de Ferreira. The 19-year-old has already put his signature to the contract and will get to know his new team mates tomorrow: "To be a part of such a big club makes me proud", were his first words as a Rojiblanco.
Atlético beat off competition from a number of Portuguese clubs, including Benfica for Jota, who has also impressed various English clubs and Barcelona. AS reported back in February that Atlético were interested in the player and had failed to seal an agreement in the January window. A fee of around seven million euros exchanged hands for the teenager who is expected to be part of the Portugal squad at Rio 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS New York City FC signs Thiago Andrade from Bahia
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone tells LaLiga hopefuls to 'resist' in title push as injuries mount
- BARCELONA "Vincius' agents betrayed us" - says ex-Barcelona head of South America
- MLS When is Opening Day for the 2021 MLS season?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker
- CORONAVIRUS When are you fully vaccinated from Covid: which vaccines require two doses?