Löw on Schweinsteiger, Pogba and past games against France
The German manager was in confident mood ahead of their semi-final showdown with France in which he has more injury problems to find answers to.
Rival: “In attack, France have been very flexible, which creates a lot of pressure – not just in the penalty area but also in midfield with [Paul] Pogba and [Blaise] Matuidi. They take their chances and they have three strikers at the top of the goal rankings. They'll attack very aggressively; they're the hosts and their attack has been very good – it's been their strength so far."
The game: “France are at a very high level. There'll be more chances in this match than there were in Germany-Italy. Every side has weaknesses, no one is perfect. Their last match against Iceland was impressive, but we saw a couple of weaknesses and it'll be important to exploit them. We have to play as a unit and help each other; we must be compact in defence. If we give them space they'll be very quick and very dynamic, and that would make it very difficult for us.
Injuries: “Schweinsteiger trained this morning at 100%. He's very important for us in a game like this – mainly because of his experience. He will be in the starting XI; I said from the beginning that if he could take part in the last training session, he would play. We have to replace Hummels, Khedira and Gomez and that's not easy, so Schweinsteiger's experience is even more important."
Mentality: “I don't think we're favourites – we're not playing a team, we're playing a whole country. After beating Iceland, they're very confident. There's a real momentum after beating Iceland, but being favourites doesn't count for anything. It's who performs better, who creates more chances and who takes those chances."
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures