Kranevitter: Sevilla agree loan deal for Atlético midfielder
The season-long switch, which is subject to a medical, sees the Argentina international become the Andalusians' third summer recruit.
- Champions League round of 16 second leg : Leicester vs Sevilla live online .
Sevilla have reached an agreement with Atlético Madrid to take defensive midfielder Matías Kranevitter to the Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán on a season-long loan.
The deal, which is subject to a medical, was confirmed by both LaLiga clubs on Thursday evening.
Sevilla's third close-season signing
The 23-year-old is the third player to be brought in by the Europa League winners this summer, after Pablo Sarabia and Hiroshi Kiyotake.
Kranevitter was signed by Atlético from River Plate in August 2015 for 17 million euros, staying in Argentina on loan until January before making 11 appearances for Los Rojiblancos.
With his first-team chances expected to be limited next term, boss Diego Simeone was keen for him to gain Spanish top-flight experience elsewhere.
He was part of his country's squad at the Copa América Centenario, coming on for Ángel Di María in the final as the Albiceleste lost on penalties to Chile.
Kranevitter to join squad in coming days
The midfielder remains on holiday following the tournament and will join up with his team-mates for pre-season training, which began on Wednesday, in the coming days.
The switch will see him link up with countryman Jorge Sampaoli, who took over as head coach at Sevilla at the end of June.
The former River man will help to fill the hole left by Grzegorz Krychowiak after the Pole's departure for Paris Saint-Germain.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- BLACK LIVES MATTER What is the Black Lives Matter movement and when did it start?
- BLACKOUT TUESDAY How did the 'Blackout Tuesday' social media initiative come about?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?
- George Flod Protests What did Trump say about Antifa and the riots?