Atlético and Espanyol tying up Léo Baptistão transfer
Léo Baptistão's agent confirmed to AS that Atlético de Madrid and Espanyol are close to tying up the player's 6M euro move to Cornellà.
Léo Baptistão is course to become Quique Sánchez Flores' fourth signing at Espanyol . The Catalan club and Atlético de Madrid have been negotiating the transfer of the 23-year-old, his agent confirmed to AS. Talk intensified on Thursday and Espanyol are keen to speed up the move so that the player can complete the move in time for the start of the pre-season, which gets underway on Monday.
Espanyol will pay Atlético a free of around six million euros for Baptistão - the same as the first option fee which Villarreal had on the player up until 15 June. Baptistão spent last season on loan at El Madrigal but Villarreal decided not to trigger the clause to buy him, and neither does the forward features in Diego Simeone's plans at Atlético - for that reason, he was not among the squad members who showed up for the first day back at work today.
Baptistão look set to become the Pericos' fourth addition, following Roberto Jiménez, José Antonio Reyes and José Manuel Jurado.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022