GERMANY 0-2 FRANCE
Deschamps: "I always believed in my players; this is their victory"
The France coach praised his team after they posted an historic win over Germany in Marseille, to set up a meeting with Portugal in Sunday's final.
France coach Didier Deschamps said that he never doubted his players for one moment, as the Euro 2016 hosts sealed their place in Sunday's final after beating Germany by two goals to nil in Marseille: "I always believed in them, always", Deschamps told reporters.
"This is a huge feeling of joy, I am happy and proud. This was a very tough game, against a great side - the reigning world champions, and their quality gave us a lot of problems. But to win like this is fabulous; and now in three days' time we have the final. If it's been crazy up until now, it's going to be even crazier after this", Deschamps said.
"I always believed in my players - those who have motivated me in forming this group, players who make a great national side. This is their victory, their history. I have played in many finals, and it's always better when you are out there, on the field", he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- BLACK LIVES MATTER What is the Black Lives Matter movement and when did it start?
- BLACKOUT TUESDAY How did the 'Blackout Tuesday' social media initiative come about?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?
- George Flod Protests What did Trump say about Antifa and the riots?