GERMANY 0-2 FRANCE
Deschamps: "I always believed in my players; this is their victory"
The France coach praised his team after they posted an historic win over Germany in Marseille, to set up a meeting with Portugal in Sunday's final.
France coach Didier Deschamps said that he never doubted his players for one moment, as the Euro 2016 hosts sealed their place in Sunday's final after beating Germany by two goals to nil in Marseille: "I always believed in them, always", Deschamps told reporters.
"This is a huge feeling of joy, I am happy and proud. This was a very tough game, against a great side - the reigning world champions, and their quality gave us a lot of problems. But to win like this is fabulous; and now in three days' time we have the final. If it's been crazy up until now, it's going to be even crazier after this", Deschamps said.
"I always believed in my players - those who have motivated me in forming this group, players who make a great national side. This is their victory, their history. I have played in many finals, and it's always better when you are out there, on the field", he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Gareth Bale arrives in London ahead of sealing Spurs move
- REAL MADRID Mayoral ahead of Jovic in Real Madrid pecking order
- Portugal Bruno Fernandes: I can boost Cristiano Ronaldo's record bid
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?