Germany specialists in semi-final exits over past decade
The Germans were in their sixth straight major semi on Thursday - and more often than not, that run has brought last-four elimination.
Germany's Euro 2016 semi-final against France saw them appear at the penultimate stage of a major tournament for the sixth straight occasion.
Out in four of last six semis
But a 2-0 defeat to Les Bleus means they have become quite the specialists in last-four elimination at recent finals, having lost four of those six semis.
The run, which began in 2006, has seen the Nationalmannschaft knocked out in the semi-finals of two European Championships and two World Cups.
As hosts of World Cup 2006, the Germans succumbed 2-0 to Italy, before being beaten 1-0 by Spain in South Africa four years later.
Meanwhile, Euro 2012 ended in final-four heartbreak after a 2-1 defeat to Italy, ahead of Thursday night's reverse to France.
Euro 2008 brought disappointment in the final against Spain - while only one of their six consecutive semi-final appearances since '06 has witnessed them go on to lift the trophy: the 2014 World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension