Englishman Mark Clattenburg has been handed the whistle for the biggest international game of the year, the Euro 2016 final between Portugal and France.
It's less than two months since Clattenburg was officiating the Madrid battle in the Champions League final in Milan and on Sunday in Saint Denis he will again be in between Cristiano and Griezmann. What a year it has been for the 41-year old who was also in charge for the FA Cup final in May between Manchester United and Crystal Palace.
He will be assisted in the final by Simon Beck and Jake Collin with additional assistants Anthony Taylor and Andre Marriner. This will be Clattenburg's fourth game at the tournament after his involvement in the matches between Belgium-Italy, Czech Republic-Croatia and Switzerland-Poland.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check today: when to expect, Biden relief plan and IRS payment | Live updates
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what tributes and memories have been shared?
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what's known about the helicopter crash?
- REAL MADRID Sales and loan deals see Madrid generate €102M for Mbappé
- FOOTBALL 'Daniel Agger' arrested in Moscow protests
- SERIE A Ibrahimovic close to goals milestone ahead of Milan derby