ITALY | SERIE A
Marcelo Bielsa has left Lazio two days after signing as manager
The Roman club has confirmed earlier media reports that the Argentine manager has left the club just 48 hours after joining amid rumours that he may be in line for Argentina role.
Marcelo Bielsa has seemingly surprised everyone by renaging on the Lazio manager's contract that he signed just two days ago. The 60-year old was due to commence the job on July 9.
As confirmed by the club on Friday, the Argentine will be leaving the post as will the rest of his technical and coaching team. It is still unclear exactly what the motives for this apparent change of heart are but rumours abound that he may be in line to take over as his national team's head coach. There have even been comments that he has been contacted by the English FA as they continue their search for a new manager.
This isn't the 1st time Bielsa has jumped ship unexpectedly. Even with Marseille, resigned after their 1st game/loss of the season.— Matteo Bonetti (@TheCalcioGuy) 8 July 2016
Simone Inzaghi, caretaker manager last season, is to be handed the job after this development and it is very likely that Lazio will sue the manager who was most recently in charge at Marseille in the French league.
Te recomendamos en English
- Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs: Buccaneers 31-26 result: Brady going to 10th Super Bowl
- NFL How many times has Tom Brady played the Super Bowl?
- NFL Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs results, summary: NFC Championship Game
- US NEWS $3,000-per-child: what is Biden's new pandemic proposal?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Second stimulus check: how to use IRS tracker tool
- WHITE HOUSE What is Joe Biden changing in the Oval Office makeover?