Zidane’s sights are still set on Kanté this summer
The Madrid coach is pursuing a defensive midfielder to bolster the position occupied by Casemiro, and the French midfielder’s €25m price tag and age (25) could be a decisive factor.
Real Madrid are closely monitoring France and Leicester midfielder N'Golo Kanté at Euro 2016. The Premier League winner is high on Zidane’s wish list, and the Real coach believes he would be an important addition to add balance to the squad.
As things stand, Casemiro is the only player that fits the defensive midfielder mould, and although Zidane is more than happy with his performances thus far he is still looking for back-up in that department. Madrid’s midfield quintet of Kroos, Modric, James, Isco and Kovacic offer something different, while Lucas Silva does not feature among Zizou’s plans for next season.
The French midfielder’s price tag is set at 25 million euros, while his age (25) is also seen as a plus point in terms of his potential future with Los Blancos - and to boot, Leicester have already found a replacement in Nampalys Mendy, whom they signed from Nice for 15 million euros. Nevertheless, Madrid do have competition from other big clubs around Europe such as Juventus and Chelsea showing an interest.
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability