Matuidi: “Griezmann would get my vote for the Ballon d’Or”
The PSG midfielder praised his team-mate and publicly offered his support for the rojiblanco striker to win the most coveted individual award in football.
The France and PSG midfielder Blaise Matuidi spoke about Antione Griezmann’s importance to Les Bleus’ chances of Euro glory and also how the Atlético midfielder deserves to win this year’s Ballon d’Or.
“Griezmann is an exceptional player. He’s brimming with talent and knows how to keep his feet on the ground. I think he’s a candidate for the Ballon d’Or. If I had to vote, I’d vote for him. It’s also undeniable that what Cristiano has done deserves a lot of credit. I’m sure the first thing on Griezmann’s mind is winning the final. It’s not Cristiano-Griezmann; it’s Portugal-France.”
The midfielder also praised Portugal, France’s opponents in Sunday’s final at the Stade de France: “They are a good national side and they have experience. They’re not just about Cristiano; they also have Renato Sanches, who’s having a great tournament, and Pepe. We are both good sides and we’re going to fight to be champions,” he stressed.
However, the PSG midfielder was unwilling to discuss the strong interest shown by Manchester United: “At the moment I’m 100% focused on the Euros. As I said the other day, my contract is with PSG. All I have to do is concentrate on this tournament because we have a great chance of winning it”, he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed