Léo Baptistão: Espanyol confirm signing of forward
The 23-year-old, who arrives at the RCDE Stadium on a five-year contract, becomes the fourth player to join Los Pericos this summer.
RCD Espanyol have announced the signing of Brazilian forward Léo Baptistão from fellow LaLiga outfit Atlético Madrid.
Five-year deal with Los Pericos
Baptistão moves to the Barcelona-based club for a fee of between five and six million euros, putting pen to paper on a five-year contract at the RCDE Stadium.
He joined Atleti from Rayo Vallecano in 2013 but was unable to establish himself at the Vicente Calderón, leaving for a loan spell at Real Betis before being lent back to Rayo for the 2014/15 campaign.
The 23-year-old then spent a season-long loan at Villarreal in 2015/16, scoring six goals in 34 appearances for the Submarino Amarillo.
Espanyol's fourth close-season signing
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed