Léo Baptistão: Espanyol confirm signing of forward
The 23-year-old, who arrives at the RCDE Stadium on a five-year contract, becomes the fourth player to join Los Pericos this summer.
RCD Espanyol have announced the signing of Brazilian forward Léo Baptistão from fellow LaLiga outfit Atlético Madrid.
Five-year deal with Los Pericos
Baptistão moves to the Barcelona-based club for a fee of between five and six million euros, putting pen to paper on a five-year contract at the RCDE Stadium.
He joined Atleti from Rayo Vallecano in 2013 but was unable to establish himself at the Vicente Calderón, leaving for a loan spell at Real Betis before being lent back to Rayo for the 2014/15 campaign.
The 23-year-old then spent a season-long loan at Villarreal in 2015/16, scoring six goals in 34 appearances for the Submarino Amarillo.
Espanyol's fourth close-season signing
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how could a new stimulus affect unemployment benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer: Manchester United one of England's most consistent teams
- AC Milan Ibrahimovic has no retirement plans "as long as I feel good"
- Barca president Tusquets clarifies Messi comments following Koeman criticism
- SEVILLA 0-1 REAL MADRID Real Madrid boss Zidane reflects on "tough last few days"
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?