ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Atlético in talks for Argentine keeper Axel Werner
The 20-year-old, who will be with the Argentina squad at next month's Olympics, is a bet for the future and won't be directly incorporated into the first team.
- LaLiga Santander, matchday 20: Alavés-Atlético Live.
Atlético are holding talks with Atlético de Rafaela for goalkeeper Axel Werner, who will be taking part in next month's Olympic Games with Argentina. Atleti intend to complete the signing of the 20-year-old then immediately loan him out to another side where he can gain first team experience. Jan Oblak and Miguel Ángel Moyà will continue as Simeone's first choice keepers next season - the latter is close to adding an extra year onto his contract. Ángel Bernabé will be the third choice with the senior side and guard the net for the reserves.
Werner has already carved out a reputation for himself and is considered to be one of the best young goalkeepers in Argentina. He has represented Argentina at various youth levels - Under-15, Under-17 and Under-20 categories and is Augusto Batalla's natural understudy with the Under-20s. Atlético could close the transfer this week.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus If coronavirus can’t be contained in the US it is predicted to cause over 3,000 deaths in a single day
- Serie A Coronavirus: Serie A clubs unanimously in favour of up to one-third pay cut for players
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care in London
- Coronavirus CDC face masks: how to make, use and other instructions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Can pets get infected with COVID-19?
- Football Radomir Antic, former Real Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona coach, dies aged 71