Euro 2016 star Pelle swaps Southampton for China
The 30-year old Italy striker has left the Premier League to join Chinese Super League side Shandong Luneng for an undisclosed fee
Italy striker Graziano Pelle has joined Chinese side Shandong Luneng from Southampton for an undisclosed fee, the Premier League club announced on Monday.
Pelle, 30, was part of the Italy team that reached the Euro 2016 quarter-finals and scored 30 goals in 81 appearances for Southampton following his arrival from Feyenoord in 2014.
€15 million euros
Reports in Britain suggest the transfer fee is worth around 15 million euros (£12.7 million, $16.6 million), with Pelle joining former Newcastle United forward Papiss Cisse at the Chinese Super League side.
Shandong are coached by former Bayern Munich boss Felix Magath, who returned to management last month after an ill-fated spell with Fulham in 2014.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live