Real Madrid to miss out as Kanté looks set to sign for Chelsea
The central midfielder that had such an impressive title-winning season for Leicester looks set to snub Madrid for London in a five-year deal according to Le Parisien.
Chelsea seem set to win the battle for the signature of N’Golo Kanté, who will put pen to paper with the Blues tying him down to five years in London, according to French newspaper 'Le Parisien'.
The move will cost Antonio Conte's new club 35 million euros (29.2m pounds) even though the release clause for the midefielder is only 26 million euros (21.7m pounds). This means that the planned reenforcement - to support and compete with Casemiro - to Zidane's midfield at Madrid will have to be found elsewhere.
The 25-year old, Kanté, who finished Euro 2016 as runner-up with his country, will leave Leicester after renewing his contract to a value of 120,000 euros per week. The player was also rumoured to be part of a huge-money deal from China but Chelsea look to have wrapped it up putting a close to the potentially long-running saga.
Te recomendamos en English
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- GRANADA 1-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings after 2-1 victory over Granada
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Lockdown in Pune: dates and restrictions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: McConnell gives date for Senate debate to begin