ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Borré: "If I have to sweat blood to stay at Atlético, I will"
The Colombian striker was presented alongside Diogo Jota who is hoping to make a similar impression at Atlético that fellow countryman Paulo Futre did.
- LaLiga Santander, matchday 20: Alavés-Atlético Live.
Portuguese winger Diogo Jota and Colombian forward Santos Borré were presented to Atlético fans at the Calderón this morning. The event had a double purpose as the club also unveiled the new home and away strips for the 2016-17 season. Both players were welcome by club president Enrique Cerezo who explained that, “Some time ago the sports department increased its efforts to bring in promising young talent from both within and outside of our borders” and added that both Jota and Borré “comply with the requisites which are demanded at Atlético: quality, talent, the capacity to improve and commitment”. Cerezo also pointed out that Atlético had signed Borré last year but decided to allow the player the chance to remain on loan at Deportivo Cali where he could hone and develop “his great goal scoring instincts”.
Diogo Jota: “I know all about Paulo Futre's achievements here”
Then it was the turn of the two players to give a few words; Diogo Jota said he hopes he can “be useful to the team. I am not afraid of what will come and I vow to do the best I can - after that we'll see what happens”, adding that he is aware of the impact fellow Portuguese player Paulo Futre had at Atleti and revealing that the first few days of training have been much more intense than what he is used to: “It's different to what I have known at other clubs but I expected it to be very demanding and I just hope I can keep up with the pace”.
Santos Borré: “If I have to sweat blood to win a place here, I will”
Borré meanwhile said that he feels “very proud top belong to a first class club like Atlético, a side which always battles to the maximum”. The Colombian didn't want to estimate how many goals he will net for Simeone's side, saying that first he has to carve out a place in the team. “I'll do what I can to stay, if that means sweating blood, I will do that”.
Te recomendamos en English
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL George Floyd verdict and closing arguments: what has defense and prosecution stated?
- PLAYSTATION Horizon Zero Dawn free on PS4 and PS5: date, times and how to download
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Overpayment of unemployment benefits: should I give it back?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Why has the demand for vaccines decreased in some states of the country?
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- European Super League Florentino Pérez on European Super League: "We are doing this to save football"