ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Borja Bastón suffers fractured forearm in training
The striker isn't having the best of luck on his return to Atlético. He required surgery at the FREMAP Clinic in Majadahonda this afternoon.
- LaLiga Santander, matchday 20: Alavés-Atlético Live.
Borja Bastón suffered an accident in this morning's training session which left him requiring surgery. A resistence band which was tied to the pitch came loose and struck him on the arm, leaving a deep wound. He was immediately attended to by club medical staff and retired from the training ground 15 minutes later and was taken to the FREMAP Clinic in Majadahonda, where he went an orthopedic reduction procedure in which a metal plate was inserted to help the racture mend.
Bastón, who has been linked with a summer - possibly to Málaga, had been keen to win a place in the side during the pre-season after hitting 18 goals for Eibar last season - his first in the top flight.
He hasn't always had luck on his side at Atlético - when he made his Rojiblanco debut on the final day of the 2009/10 season, he suffered a knee ligament injury and spent the next six months on the sidelines.
Te recomendamos en English
- Juventus director Paratici under investigation over Suarez's Italian exam
- SERIE A Official: Napoli stadium renamed Stadio Diego Armando Maradona
- REAL MADRID Camavinga a step closer to Real Madrid
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid squad for Sevilla: Sergio Ramos left behind
- FOOTBALL Tagliafico signs new Ajax contract which includes get-out clause
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test