Barcelona star Lionel Messi – convicted for tax fraud last week and handed a 21 month prison sentence along with a €2 million fine – is currently getting away from his troubles on a €7,800-a-day yacht.
The Argentinian, who has just returned to Spain from the Bahamas, is continuing his vacation with family and friends in Ibiza before having to go back to work in August. Along with his wife, Antonella, and his sons Thiago and Mateo, Messi is spending time aboard the luxurious ‘Seven C’.
28 metre, 10-berth yacht
The 28 metre, 10-berth yacht comes with a renowned personal chef, three crew members, four cabins and two bathrooms. It is also equipped with two kayaks, a paddleboard and a jet ski.
Despite being sentenced to 21 months in jail, Messi is unlikely to serve any time due to the prison term being less than two years and his lack of a criminal record, hence the player being left free to soak up the son in Ibiza.
Also enjoying his vacation on the same island as the Barcelona number 10 is Real Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo. Never to be outdone, the Portugal captain – fresh from winning Euro 2016 with his country – has rented out a 36 metre yacht , 12 metres bigger than Messi’s.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list