Atlético Madrid midfielder Saúl will wear number eight on his back next season. The number eight jersey is one with certain significance and history at the Vicente Calderón: it was the number that Luis Aragonés, club legend and all-time Atlético Madrid top goalscorer wore during his fondly-remembered career in the Spanish capital.
The Elche-born Saúl will take over the esteemed jersey from Kranevitter, who has left for Sevilla and left the number free.
The Argentine had been passed the '8' in January, having been unoccupied in the first half of the season thanks to the departure of Raúl Garcia to Athletic Club last August.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?