Payet tells Madrid and others that he's staying at West Ham United
The French midfielder who has just completed a successful campaign for runners-up France in Euro 2016 has stated that he is 100% staying at the London club.
Dimitri Payet has decided that his immediate future lies in England. The French midifelder has told his club that he has no intention of leaving for another team despite keen interest from some of the heavyweights in European football, according to the Daily Mirror.
West Ham United had been made aware of the interest in their prized possession - who has just finished an impressive Euro 2016 with France - and were trying to do what they could to avoid the player's departure.
"We’ll fight tooth and nail to make sure Dimitri pulls on a claret and blue shirt next season," stated co-owner David Gold. “We want to improve our squad and Dimitri is an integral part of what we’re trying to do. But we also must be realistic. If Barcelona or Real Madrid made a bid and he wanted to move there, it would be difficult to keep him.”
Continuing to blow bubbles
And music to the ears of Gold and the rest of Hammers fans were the words of the French player himself:
“I’ve heard about all the interest and I’m flattered, But I love West Ham. We had a fantastic season and I can’t wait to play in the Olympic Stadium. I’m 100 per cent staying at West Ham, I love the club. I can tell the Hammers fans that.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win