Striker Rubén Sobrino leaves Manchester City for Alavés
The money-rich side from the Premier League have allowed the player to join the LaLiga club for a season with an option for another. He had previously spent time at Girona.
Manchester City of the English Premier League and LaLiga's Alavés have reached an agreement over the Spanish forward Rubén Sobrino who will move back to his homeland on loan for a season. The Basque club also have an option to extend that deal for an extra season.
Sobrino, who spent last season on loan at Girona in the Spanish second division, becomes the third signing for the newly promoted side after goalkeeper Adrián Ortolà, who came in from Barcelona, and another forward, the Venezuelan, Christian Santos who arrived from NEC Nijmegen in Holland.
Chance at Real Madrid
The 24-year old played in the junior categories at Real Madrid and then manager Carlo Ancelotti gave him an opportunity to debut for the first team in the 2014/15 season. In that same season Sobrino moved to Ponferradina, which is where he was picked up by City for around £350,000.
"I'm really happy to be here and hope to see you soon in the Mendizorroza", proclaimed Sobrino in the official Alavés Twitter account.
There had also been interest in the player from Sevilla, Deportivo La Coruña and Real Bétis. His new club commented on their website:
"Our new forward will help us build a powerful attacking force and to celebrate many goals in the coming season. Welcome, Rubén!"
Te recomendamos en English
- RUMOUR MILL Saudi crown prince to make new Man United offer - rumours
- Manchester United won't wait 30 years for title – Solskjaer aims dig at Liverpool
- MALLORCA 1 - 0 REAL MADRID "We didn't lack motivation or intensity” - Marcelo after Real Madrid's defeat to Mallorca
- LALIGA Mallorca record famous win over Real Madrid
- Crystal Palace 0-2 Manchester City Manchester City back in the groove
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Joao Félix out with sprained ankle