Striker Rubén Sobrino leaves Manchester City for Alavés
The money-rich side from the Premier League have allowed the player to join the LaLiga club for a season with an option for another. He had previously spent time at Girona.
Manchester City of the English Premier League and LaLiga's Alavés have reached an agreement over the Spanish forward Rubén Sobrino who will move back to his homeland on loan for a season. The Basque club also have an option to extend that deal for an extra season.
Sobrino, who spent last season on loan at Girona in the Spanish second division, becomes the third signing for the newly promoted side after goalkeeper Adrián Ortolà, who came in from Barcelona, and another forward, the Venezuelan, Christian Santos who arrived from NEC Nijmegen in Holland.
Chance at Real Madrid
The 24-year old played in the junior categories at Real Madrid and then manager Carlo Ancelotti gave him an opportunity to debut for the first team in the 2014/15 season. In that same season Sobrino moved to Ponferradina, which is where he was picked up by City for around £350,000.
"I'm really happy to be here and hope to see you soon in the Mendizorroza", proclaimed Sobrino in the official Alavés Twitter account.
There had also been interest in the player from Sevilla, Deportivo La Coruña and Real Bétis. His new club commented on their website:
"Our new forward will help us build a powerful attacking force and to celebrate many goals in the coming season. Welcome, Rubén!"
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week