Samuel Umtiti: "I'm already learning Catalan"
The French centre-back, who was presented by FC Barcelona to the press and fans on Friday, said: "I'm really happy to be here, I'll try to adapt as quickly as possible..."
Samuel Umtiti, Barcelona’s third summer signing, was presented by the club on Friday afternoon. Before going through the usual formalities, President of the Catalan outfit Josep María Bartomeu requested a moment’s silence for those killed in the terrorist attack on Thursday night in Nice, France – the country where Umtiti was brought up and also the nation he represented internationally at the recently concluded Euro 2016.
“I’ve come to the best club in the world..."
“I’m already learning Catalan, but I don’t speak it very well at the moment,” the Cameroon-born Umtiti told the press conference at Camp Nou. “I feel happy to be here, but I’m really, really sad about what’s happening in my country, and everything that happened yesterday in Nice.”
After speaking to the press, Umtiti took to Camp Nou turf to greet the many fans that had come to welcome him. “I’ve come to the best club in the world and I hope to win everything here.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League United worry ahead of Liverpool game as De Gea limps off for Spain
- Spain U-21 Barcelona teenage sensation Ansu Fati makes Spain U-21 debut
- PSG Tuchel: "It's not nice to hear Neymar saying he wants to leave"
- FOOTBALL UEFA charge Bulgaria over racist chants and Nazi salutes
- Euro 2020 Euro 2020 qualifying tables
- BARCELONA Barcelona planning 589 km bus trip to Eibar