Samuel Umtiti: "I'm already learning Catalan"
The French centre-back, who was presented by FC Barcelona to the press and fans on Friday, said: "I'm really happy to be here, I'll try to adapt as quickly as possible..."
Samuel Umtiti, Barcelona’s third summer signing, was presented by the club on Friday afternoon. Before going through the usual formalities, President of the Catalan outfit Josep María Bartomeu requested a moment’s silence for those killed in the terrorist attack on Thursday night in Nice, France – the country where Umtiti was brought up and also the nation he represented internationally at the recently concluded Euro 2016.
“I’ve come to the best club in the world..."
“I’m already learning Catalan, but I don’t speak it very well at the moment,” the Cameroon-born Umtiti told the press conference at Camp Nou. “I feel happy to be here, but I’m really, really sad about what’s happening in my country, and everything that happened yesterday in Nice.”
After speaking to the press, Umtiti took to Camp Nou turf to greet the many fans that had come to welcome him. “I’ve come to the best club in the world and I hope to win everything here.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics are returning in Tokyo 2021?
- NFL NFL's new Covid protocol has Hopkins considering retirement
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING When did Michael Phelps retire? How many medals did he win?
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?