Aubameyang asking to triple his salary by joining Atlético Madrid
The Dortmund striker negotiated an annual salary of over four million euros in his last contract but is looking to take that to a completely new level if someone is willing.
Aubameyang is the second attempt for a new number nine position by the Madrid club. Just like for Diego Costa, Atlético have made an initial offer for the Dortmund striker only to see it rejected. However, the transfer fee is not the only challenge for the Spanish club.
The French-born Gabonese striker has made some exorbitant salary demands to any club who wants his services. His request is more than Diego Costa is being paid at Chelsea which amounts to just over nine million euros. Aubameyang's agent is looking for over 12 million euros for his star, three times that which he is being paid for his German club. Gil Marín and club officials aim not to do anything to endanger the financial balance and although they look to be positive about player investment and the future, this can't be without responsibility.
Aubameyang, 26, was named as the best player in the Bundesliga last season in which he scored 25 goals. Only Lewandowski scored more (30) for the champions, Bayern Munich.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Umtiti and Junior fit to return for Barcelona at Eibar
- International football Bulgaria-England: Balakov quits as fallout from clash continues
- BARCELONA Vidal on tattoos, his mo-hawk and some advice for Dembélé
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo, Vinicius wanted by Brazil in January
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood signs new Man United contract
- Serie A Ancelotti thanks De Laurentiis for clearing up Napoli 'lies'