Pressure grows on Florentino to introduce RM women's team
Florentino Perez is being urged to create a women's football team at Real Madrid with the announcement today that Cadiz will create a team.
Cadiz will have a new women's football team and are poised to launch a recruitment campaign to sign up players for the new venture. Trials will be held at the club's training facilities at Ciudad Depotivo El Rosal and are open to any aspiring players born before the year 2000.
Following the club's promotion from 2B to Laliga2, the president Manuel Vizcaino is anxious to push the Cadiz brand and create a women's team who will compete in the second tier of the league.
With LaLiga taking over the administration of women's football in Spain and following the securing of a substantial sponsorship deal from Iberdrola (multi-international electrical supplier) the spotlight falls once again on Real Madrid and club president Florentino Perez to create a women's team to re-create the Madrid derby and El Clasico that is enjoyed in the men's game.
Sources close to the club have said that it may be just a question of time before Madrid fall in line with the constant evolution of the women's game in Spain and around the world.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch