Pressure grows on Florentino to introduce RM women's team
Florentino Perez is being urged to create a women's football team at Real Madrid with the announcement today that Cadiz will create a team.
Cadiz will have a new women's football team and are poised to launch a recruitment campaign to sign up players for the new venture. Trials will be held at the club's training facilities at Ciudad Depotivo El Rosal and are open to any aspiring players born before the year 2000.
Following the club's promotion from 2B to Laliga2, the president Manuel Vizcaino is anxious to push the Cadiz brand and create a women's team who will compete in the second tier of the league.
With LaLiga taking over the administration of women's football in Spain and following the securing of a substantial sponsorship deal from Iberdrola (multi-international electrical supplier) the spotlight falls once again on Real Madrid and club president Florentino Perez to create a women's team to re-create the Madrid derby and El Clasico that is enjoyed in the men's game.
Sources close to the club have said that it may be just a question of time before Madrid fall in line with the constant evolution of the women's game in Spain and around the world.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buccaneers vs Packers NFL Playoffs live online: NFC Championship Game, updates...
- REAL MADRID Butragueño: "Everyone knows what Zidane means to us"
- SCOTLAND Rafa Benítez linked to Celtic job, on his return to Europe
- UFC Khabib tells Dana White: "I'm so many levels above these guys"
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor hits back at critical Khabib after Poirier loss
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, who will get and when to expect it