Sergi Samper to be offered new Barça deal
The 21-year old Barça B midfielder has done enough to earn a contract extension and should sign a four-year deal before the start of the new La Liga season
Life-long Barcelona fan and Azulgrana reserve player Sergi Samper is closing in on one of the most important moments of his short career so far. Everything is ready for the 21-year old midfielder to renew his deal at Camp Nou, his first contract amplification as a professional.
Samper's hard work and patience rewarded
Samper was behind a number of players in the midfield pecking order last season, but having knuckled down in training, the young Catalan has done enough to earn himself an extension at the club. While nothing is confirmed yet, Samper could sign a new deal within the next four weeks.
The Spanish footballer has turned down some big offers to leave Barcelona in the past: Arsenal and Arsene Wenger the most notable of seducers. However, Samper's patience is finally set to be rewarded.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League United worry ahead of Liverpool game as De Gea limps off for Spain
- Spain U-21 Barcelona teenage sensation Ansu Fati makes Spain U-21 debut
- PSG Tuchel: "It's not nice to hear Neymar saying he wants to leave"
- FOOTBALL UEFA charge Bulgaria over racist chants and Nazi salutes
- Euro 2020 Euro 2020 qualifying tables
- BARCELONA Barcelona planning 589 km bus trip to Eibar