ATLETICO DE MADRID
Bacca sends message to Atlético, rejecting West Ham's mega-offer
According to La Gazzetta, the Colombian has said 'no' to a salary of almost 4M€ net a season at the Hammers. AC Milan are shocked by the rejection.
- LaLiga Santander, matchday 20: Alavés-Atlético Live.
It seems Carlos Bacca's mind is made up. He's waiting to get the call from Diego Simeone to join Atletico madrid for the 2016/17 season. The Colombian striker has rejected an offer from West Ham of over 27 million euro, an offer that came with a salary of almost 4 million euro a season.
After days of negotiations between the London club and AC Milan, it seemed a deal was in the offing, but Bacca has pulled out, sending what appears to be a clear message to Madrid's rojiblancos. Bacca wants to join the ranks of Cholo Simeone and play with last season's Champions League finalists.
Arsenal, however, are also hovering about with intent and are trying to entice the goalscorer to West Ham's city rivals.
Carlos Bacca's 'no' to West Ham has created a bit of a problem for the Rossoneri, who were banking on those 27 million euro to bring in a new central defender to strengthen coach Montella's backline. Villareal's Musacchio very much between the crosshairs.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Odegaard future comes down to Zidane plans
- Premier League Premier League: how many and which matches can be watched on the BBC?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League may introduce artificial crowd noise
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check US: EIP Cards being mistaken for scam, junk mail
- United States Trump on Minneapolis unrest: "when the looting starts the shooting starts"
- GEORGE FLOYD DEATH George Floyd Memorial Fund: how much has GoFundMe page raised?