ATLETICO DE MADRID
Bacca sends message to Atlético, rejecting West Ham's mega-offer
According to La Gazzetta, the Colombian has said 'no' to a salary of almost 4M€ net a season at the Hammers. AC Milan are shocked by the rejection.
- LaLiga Santander, matchday 20: Alavés-Atlético Live.
It seems Carlos Bacca's mind is made up. He's waiting to get the call from Diego Simeone to join Atletico madrid for the 2016/17 season. The Colombian striker has rejected an offer from West Ham of over 27 million euro, an offer that came with a salary of almost 4 million euro a season.
After days of negotiations between the London club and AC Milan, it seemed a deal was in the offing, but Bacca has pulled out, sending what appears to be a clear message to Madrid's rojiblancos. Bacca wants to join the ranks of Cholo Simeone and play with last season's Champions League finalists.
Arsenal, however, are also hovering about with intent and are trying to entice the goalscorer to West Ham's city rivals.
Carlos Bacca's 'no' to West Ham has created a bit of a problem for the Rossoneri, who were banking on those 27 million euro to bring in a new central defender to strengthen coach Montella's backline. Villareal's Musacchio very much between the crosshairs.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem