Stade de Reims, Madrid's rivals in August's Trofeo Bernabéu
Real Madrid have lined up a friendly against the club who were their first European Cup final opponents 60 years ago. The match will be played on 16 August.
Real Madrid took their time to respond but finally have announced a date for this year's Trofeo Bernabéu, the traditional new season curtain raiser. The game will take place on Tuesday 16 August against historic rivals - Stade de Reims - the club who Madrid beat to lift tgheir first ever European Cup in 1956.
Yesterday's draw for the 2016/17 LaLiga fixtures helped Madrid to settle on a date for the Trofeo Bernabéu. There were just five possible dates to stage the match, from the12th to the 16th of August; on the 9th, the team will play the first official game of the new season, the European Super Cup and the league starts 12 days later at Anoeta. In total, Madrid will play four friendlies this pre-season - meeting Chelsea, PSG and Bayern Munich before their Trofeo Bernabéu date with Stade de Reims.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?