Winter break confirmed for LaLiga from 18 Dec to 6 Jan
LaLiga will close once again over the Christmas festivities and do away with the fixtures during this period which were introduced last year.
Following the draw for the 2016/17 football schedule on Friday, LaLiga have already made some changes to the format. Today they have communicated to the Spanish Football Assembly that the games during the Christmas period will stop.
This returns the league to the position it was in before last season and that dates back to 1990. In this 15-year period the clubs had a two-week break allowing for some rest and recuperation as well as allowing foreign players, often many in South America, to return to their families for the Christmas celebrations.
Winter games were introduced in the 2015/16 season on the 30/31 December and on the 2-4 January but this looks as though it was an exception rather than the way forward. In the upcoming season the fixtures will cease between the 18 December and the 6 January.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Who is Abhigya Anand, the child astrologer that predicted the coronavirus pandemic?
- George Floyd Protests Facebook will review its rules after Donald Trump's controversial messages
- George Floyd What is the third amendment and can it be applied now?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: Why are some taxpayers still waiting for the payment?
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd: 'Black Lives Matter' on Washington DC street challenges Trump
- Coronavirus IRS tax deadline postponed: when is the new payment date?