Andre Gomes is a player at the centre of another transfer market tussle between Real Madrid and Barcelona. The Valencia centre-midfielder, recently crowned a European Championship winner with Portugal, is wanted at both the Bernabéu and Camp Nou, where each club are preparing to make a move for his signature. For now, Valencia are pure observers to the ensuing battle, comfortable in the knowledge that interest in the 22-year old will only serve to increase his market value, which is estimated at around €65 million.
€65 million asking price
Real Madrid are plotting their offensive, but it’s unlikely they’d bid the €65 million that Valencia want. Zinedine Zidane will have given the thumbs up to the possible arrival of André Gomes though – a player who the club thinks can significantly strengthen their squad (Los Blancos are still fearing the consequences of a FIFA investigation). Likewise, Barça coach Luis Enrique sees in Gomes a midfielder who can provide cover along with new signing Denis Suárez.
Valencia keen to keep hold of Gomes
Valencia, it must be said, do not have any intention of letting go of Gomes and deem the Portuguese as a key piece in Pako Ayesarán's new project. But with the player’s agent Jorge Mendes having such a good relationship with Real, you never know.
Madrid and Barça are not the only big clubs in Europe that are interested either. On Sunday Valencia rejected offers from both Chelsea and Juventus of around €40 million.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?