"If they don't get rid of me, I'm going to stay here as a director." Those are the words of Francesco Totti, who at the age of 40 is preparing for his 25th season at Roma - a season which could well be his last as a player.
"I was born in Rome and I'll die in Rome"
"I was born in Rome and I'll die in Rome," said the club's captain as preseason gets underway in Italy. During the interview, Totti talked of the team's objectives for the year ahead. "El Scudetto is going to be a complicated. I don't say it through superstition, it's just that there's a better team around than ours at the moment so you have to be realistic."
"They're from a different dimension"
Asked by a fan who he preferred out of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, he said: "They both come from a different planet. Of course, they play in two great teams in Real Madrid and Barcelona, but yes, if they came to play here, I'd sit in the stands because you need to watch beautiful players like them. You've got to be honest, they're from a different dimension."
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match