ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Vrsaljko arrives in Madrid to begin dream move to Atlético
Šime Vrsaljko arrived in Madrid on Sunday evening: "I'm happy, focused and prepared to give whatever is required to the team", the Croatian full-back told AS.Qarabag vs Atlético Madrid
Croatian right-back Šime Vrsaljko, Atlético de Madrid's second signing ahead of the 2016/2017 season, arrived at Madrid's Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas airport this evening. The player told AS: "I'm happy because I'm joining a real top side who work like one big family and I can't wait to start working with them myself".
One of the big pulling factors for the 24-year-old defender was to join a side who will be involved in next season's Champions League. Vrsaljko, who joins on a five-year deal from Sassuolo, explained: "My objective was to join a team who were playing in that competition and I am very happy, focused and ready to give the team whatever I can".
When asked whether he had spoken to former Atleti striker Mario Mandžukić, about what to expect in the capital and at the Calderón, he replied: "All he did was congratulate me".
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend