Sampaoli: "Our style of football is still wearing nappies"
El técnico argentino valoró muy positivamente la predisposición del grupo para adaptarse al nuevo esquema de juego en tan poco tiempo.
Sevilla coach Jorge Sampaoli had positives to draw after yesterday's 3-1 friendly win over River Plate in Orlando - the most positive of all was the willingness of the players to adapt to a new style of football, one which is totally different from the one they have been playing for the past three years: "The way the team has received the new concepts and how they have interpreted them has been very good but the development of our idea of how we should play is still wearing nappies. Even so it's a task which fuill us with excitement and we will be correcting things for some time yet. What has pleased me most is the attitude of the players", he said.
The Argentinean praised his players for "the pride they showed" as well as "the high pressure-game" which the team employed at various points in the match. But he wasn't entirely happy, as he explained: "We lacked coordination as a unit to be able to enter into our opponents' half, but we've only had a few training sessions, it'll come".
Te recomendamos en English
- Moving the goalposts! Mourinho reveals woodwork mishap
- CORONAVIRUS $300 unemployment benefits: which states are still paying it?
- US NEWS Breonna Taylor case: who are Brett Hankison, Jonathan Mattingly and Myles Cosgrove?
- Black Lives Matter protests Breonna Taylor case: what is ‘wanton endangerment’ in the first degree?
- Billboard Music Awards Billboard Music Awards 2020: list of all nominations - Post Malone, the most nominated
- Liverpool Liverpool were 'easy on the eye' against Lincoln City - Klopp