Sampaoli: "Our style of football is still wearing nappies"
El técnico argentino valoró muy positivamente la predisposición del grupo para adaptarse al nuevo esquema de juego en tan poco tiempo.
Sevilla coach Jorge Sampaoli had positives to draw after yesterday's 3-1 friendly win over River Plate in Orlando - the most positive of all was the willingness of the players to adapt to a new style of football, one which is totally different from the one they have been playing for the past three years: "The way the team has received the new concepts and how they have interpreted them has been very good but the development of our idea of how we should play is still wearing nappies. Even so it's a task which fuill us with excitement and we will be correcting things for some time yet. What has pleased me most is the attitude of the players", he said.
The Argentinean praised his players for "the pride they showed" as well as "the high pressure-game" which the team employed at various points in the match. But he wasn't entirely happy, as he explained: "We lacked coordination as a unit to be able to enter into our opponents' half, but we've only had a few training sessions, it'll come".
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to prove you are vaccinated to go without a mask under CDC guidelines
- US News What is the difference between Armed Forces Day and Veterans Day?
- Why is NBA doing a play-in and not a traditional playoff format?