Real Madrid ask Pogba's agent for more time
Real Madrid have told Mino Raiola that Pogba will need patience while the club consider how to finance a deal, but it's possible that time has already run out on them...
- Follow the coverage match of LaLiga Santander: Valencia-Real Madrid live .
During the latest conversations between Paul Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, and Real Madrid – which took place last week – Los Blancos asked for more time to let them put together their operation. The exorbitant transfer fee of €120 million, for the moment, is not yet viable for the Champions League winners.
Pogba still dreams of playing under Zidane
To raise the money needed, the club would need to make a big sale first. While United are very close to closing out a deal for the Juventus midfielder – it’s almost in the bag – the player himself is not in any rush to sign. His dream is to play under his hero, Zinedine Zidane. And there’s the added factor that United were guilty of undervaluing him a few years ago and let him go, but the great seducer Mourinho may have helped overcome that bad memory.
Raiola’s declaration the other day that Pogba is happy at Juve, that he’s in no rush to leave, and that “he could even renew his contract”, only came to light after Real’s plea for a little patience. It’s very much in the interest of Pogba’s agent to stir up the soap opera, he wants to take a large cut of the deal after all (he’s asked for €20m).
No intention of renewing at Juve
AS sources at Juve, however, have confirmed that the player hasn’t considered renewing his contract at the Italian giants. It’s only Mino Railo who’s brought up the subject. The directors in Turin are not budging from the €120m mark (although it could be brought down if paid in cash). Madrid need time, but United are piling on the pressure, and there aren’t any other Galácticos left in the market…
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms