Zlatan to Cantona: "I won't be the king, I'll be God of Manchester"
New Manchester United signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic responded to a message he received from club legend Eric Cantona in which he said the Swede could only be a "Prince"
Manchester United legend Eric Cantona welcomed new signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Old Trafford last week by saying “there can only be one king” of the club.
“I have a personal message to Zlatan,” Cantona said in a video. “You have decided for United and it is the best choice you've ever made. But one last thing, there can be only one king in Manchester. You can become a prince if you want and jersey number 7 is yours if you are interested.”
"I will be God of Manchester"
Thankfully, we didn’t have to wait long to find out how ‘Ibra’ would react to Cantona’s tongue-in-cheek remarks. “I heard what he [Cantona] said and I congratulate him because I have always admired him,” said the striker. “But he should know that I won’t be king of Manchester. I will be God of Manchester.”
This hopefully won’t be the last of the banter we see between Cantona and Ibrahimovic during the former-Barcelona man’s one-year stint in Manchester. The 34-year-old is expected to make his debut for United in the pre-season friendly against Galatasaray on 30 July or Everton on 3 August.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: what did we learn from Sunday's games?
- MLS Inter Miami: Higuaín misses penalty in unhappy debut
- BUNDESLIGA Dortmund: More expected of Haaland than Lewandowski, says Kehl
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: how much Pelosi and Democrats would spend in new relief bill
- US NEWS How much did Trump pay in taxes in the last 15 years?
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: 15 October is last day to claim payment