The dates and kick-off times for the Spanish Supercup have been finalized. The tie between Liga winners Barcelona and Copa del Rey runners-up Sevilla will be played over two legs, the first taking place at the Sánchez Pizjuán on Sunday August 14 at 22:00 and the return to be staged at Camp Nou the following Wednesday, August 17, at 23:00.
The reasoning behind the late kick-off in the return leg, which will see the game started on Wednesday and finished on Thursday, is because of the game coinciding with the Champions League playoff round. Uefa rules stipulate that games in any domestic competitions cannot be staged at the same time as continental encounters, which obliged the Spanish Football Federation to push the kick-off time back so as not to clash with the European first-leg ties scheduled to kick off at 20:45 CEST.
Te recomendamos en English
- Brazil vs Argentina Brazil vs Argentina: most valuable starting XIs
- Brazil Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar: Pelé picks his preferred partner
- Barcelona Barcelona: Luis Suárez says Camp Nou need to find a new striker
- PSG Mbappé: PSG star to ignore Real Madrid and stay in Paris
- International football Maradona, Pelé: Brazil Argentina all-time best combined XI
- International Friendly Gaza violence puts Argentina-Uruguay friendly under threat