Espanyol interested in new loan deal for Real's Marco Asensio
The Parakeets' sporting director, Ángel Gómez, said the club is looking to add to the five signings already made, although Juan Mata is "impossible."
Pablo Piatti was presented as an Espanyol player on Monday, bringing the number of new signings for Quique Sánchez Flores’ new project to five. However, sporting director Ángel Gómez told AS that the club expect between four and six new faces through the door before the season starts and the club retains an interest in signing Real Madrid midfielder Marco Asensio on another season-long loan.
“Last year, Asensio did very well for us. The statistics are there for everybody to see, in terms of goals and assists. He was an excellent professional and we will keep a close eye on his movements. I spoke to him and hopefully he’ll be able to realize his dream, which is to stay at Real Madrid. And if that doesn’t come to pass, we’ll be on alert.”
Gómez also revealed that Espanyol are scouring the market for “two defenders, two midfielders and a forward” ahead of the new season. “It could be four, five or six. It’s likely that we’ll have one or two places left when the window closes.”
Gómez said that among Espanyol’s targets are Víctor Camarasa, Javi Fuego, Federico Fazio, Álvaro Vázquez and Sergio García, but that an audacious bid to bring Juan Mata back to La Liga was a non-starter: “Frankly, I see that as impossible.”
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"