Atlético Madrid president Enrique Cerezo spoke to Gazzetta dello Sport’s dedicated transfer website Gazzamercato on Monday about the current transfer market and his club’s search for a striker and revealed that a deal to bring Diego Costa back to the Calderón from Chelsea is “close.”
“Bacca is a great player but we are not going to sign him,” Cerezo said. “We are not going to sign any striker from Serie A, the same goes for Higuaín and all the other players that have been mentioned.”
Cerezo also denied there had been any contact with Mauro Icardi, despite his wife and agent saying that the Calderón club were interested in the Argentinean: “His name is not on our agenda, we aren’t going to enter negotiations for him,” the Atlético chief stated.
On Costa, Cerezo was forthright: “We like him a lot, I admit it. We have spoken to the player and we’re working to bring him back to Madrid. It’s close, but I can’t say any more than that.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays