Atlético Madrid president Enrique Cerezo spoke to Gazzetta dello Sport’s dedicated transfer website Gazzamercato on Monday about the current transfer market and his club’s search for a striker and revealed that a deal to bring Diego Costa back to the Calderón from Chelsea is “close.”
“Bacca is a great player but we are not going to sign him,” Cerezo said. “We are not going to sign any striker from Serie A, the same goes for Higuaín and all the other players that have been mentioned.”
Cerezo also denied there had been any contact with Mauro Icardi, despite his wife and agent saying that the Calderón club were interested in the Argentinean: “His name is not on our agenda, we aren’t going to enter negotiations for him,” the Atlético chief stated.
On Costa, Cerezo was forthright: “We like him a lot, I admit it. We have spoken to the player and we’re working to bring him back to Madrid. It’s close, but I can’t say any more than that.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Can I cash someone else’s stimulus check in the US?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: Is it safe to fly during Covid-19?
- CORONAVIRUS $600 unemployment benefits boost: when does it end, will it be extended?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: What does 'Stop Payment Indicator' mean?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man United: Get Pogba out for player with desire, says Sheringham
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: can Social Security beneficiaries get the payment?