Roma to close loan deal for Real Madrid's Nacho
According to reports in Italy, the defender will join the Serie A side on a one-year loan deal with an option to purchase with Real retaining buy-back clause.
Reports in Italy have assured that Real Madrid defender Nacho will sign for Roma in the next few hours. The player’s representatives, according to Sky, will meet with the Bernabéu board on Tuesday to hammer out the fine print of the deal to take the 26-year-old to the Stadio Olimpico, with the Roma hierarchy anticipating a definitive answer by Wednesday.
Nacho will sign on a one-year loan agreement, with Roma having the option to buy at the end of the season for 11 million euros and Madrid retaining a buy-back option of 15 million.
It is yet to be decided whether Roma will be asked to stump up a loan fee for the defender and if that is the case, it could be in installments.
Nacho travelled to Montreal with the Real squad on Sunday but it is increasingly likely he will have to make a swift return to Europe to finalize the deal.
Palotta: "Nacho will help us a lot"
Roma president James Palotta has already practically rubber-stamped the deal in comments made to Italian daily Il Tempo: “Nacho and Juan Jesús are both experienced defenders who will help us a lot.”
Sky Sports Italia also reported that Nacho’s agent, José Seguí, will be busy putting the final touches to the deal on Monday to make his client a Roma player.
Te recomendamos en English
- Messi hat-trick a good way to celebrate Ballon d'Or – Barca boss Valverde
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez: Best goal of my career
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane has four options to fill left-back vacancy against Valencia
- BARCELONA Barcelona president agrees "three years could be enough for Valverde"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us