Barcelona have announced new deals for Munir El Haddadi and Sergi Samper. The two young talents have both extended their contracts at Camp Nou until 2019, with midfielder Samper also offered a one-year option on top of his existing deal. Munir, 20, has a minimum release clause of 60 million euros in his new contract while Samper, 21, has had his increased to 50 million euros.
The contract extensions do not however offer any guarantees over the short-term futures of the two players. Barcelona boss Luis Enrique is keen to find a loan move for Samper within Primera to gain some experience as his options in the first team are likely to be limited this season. The arrival of Samuel Umtiti could lead to Javier Mascherano being deployed more often in midfield, at the expense of Samper.
Real Sociedad interest
Munir’s immediate future is also uncertain. Barcelona are actively scouring the market for a fourth forward to complement the club’s illustrious front three, which would leave the Madrid-born forward in his habitual place further down the pecking order and in search of minutes. There have been offers for the Spain international but Luis Enrique will have the final say on his destination if he is allowed to leave on loan. Real Sociedad have expressed an interest but with Neymar at the Olympic Games and unavailable for the Spanish Supercup, it may be that if Barça do not find a new forward Munir could stay with the squad until the end of summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online