Jesé high on Borussia Dortmund's summer wish list
Zidane's comments yesterday, in which he recommended that the player "looked to gain minutes" at another club, have out the German club on high alert.
Zidane's comments in Monday press conference concerning the situation regarding Jesé, in which he invited the player to "look for minutes" at another club, have prompted Borussia Dortmund to launch a bid for the out-of-favour forward.
Since Henrikh Mkhitaryan's move to Manchester United, Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel has been looking to reinforce the team's attack and among his list of candidates, Jesé is a priority. Sobre él, Zidane told reporters yesterday: "A large squad gives you a few more problems but that comes with the territory as Real Madrid coach. We have lots of youth players who aren't ready to play for the first team and go out to gain experience, like Morata, Carvajal, Vázquez... In terms of Jesé, he didn't play much last year. As the coach I like Jesé as a player and want him to stay but it's impossible to say what will happen".
What Real Madrid have in mind is selling Jesé with a buy-back option like they did with Morata and Carvajal, amongst others. The club have not given the green light for Jesé to beging the search for another club because there is a possibility that FIFA will announce a definitive decision about the impending transfer ban which, sooner or later, will leave Madrid unable to sign players for two transfer windows.
Jesé racked up just 1,252 minutes last season, between the league (28 games), Champions League (9 games) and Copa del Rey (1 game). He ended the campaign with 6 goals and 8 assists. Bayer Leverkusen and Betis también have also expressed an interest in the 23-year-old for the new season.
Te recomendamos en English
- Transfer market PSG join Aubameyang chase amid Barcelona links
- VALLADOLID 0-1 REAL MADRID Zidane cautious as Real Madrid go top: "There' a long way to go"
- NBA LeBron James, inconsolable after finding out about Kobe Bryant
- KOBE BRYANT 1978-2022 Kobe Bryant: Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi hail "a true legend"
- Kobe Bryant dead: Dallas Mavericks to retire number 24 jersey
- Football Olympic qualifiers moved from China to Sydney due to virus fears