Danilo and Llorente the first casualties of Canada tour
The Brazilian right-back and the Castilla midfielder both retired after 30 minutes of a high-intensity training session taken by new physical trainer Antonio Pintus
Real Madrid’s pre-season got underway in Canada today with some high-intensity training. So intense, in fact, that it cost them their first casualties of the tour, with both Danilo and Marcos Llorente unable to complete the day’s second session.
Danilo injures hamstring
The Brazilian right-back and the Castilla midfielder both retired after 30 minutes of the session taken by new physical trainer Antonio Pintus. Danilo walked towards the changing rooms clutching his left hamstring, while Llorente suffered some pains in his upper abdomen.
Pintus puts players through paces
Pintus was hired by Real Madrid under the wishes of Zinedine Zidane – obsessed in his first years as a coach with the physical fitness of his squads – and it’s easy to see why. Pintus put the players through their paces from the first minute of the day while Zidane inspected the pitches, demonstrating the full trust he has in the Italian, a trainer he worked with at Juventus.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold