Alavés reel in Colombia international Daniel Torres
Deportivo Alavés announce their sixth signing of the summer - 26 year old midfielder Daniel Torres joins on a four-year contract.
Colombia international Daniel Torres became the sixth reinforcement at Deportivo Alavés on Tuesday. The 26-year-old, a defensive midfielder joins on a four-year deal cuatro temporadas. With Torres on board, Alavés now have another 10 operations to complete before deadline day - they are still looking to sign five defenders, four midfielders and a striker, according to their Director of Sport.
Torres joins from Primera A outfit Independiente de Medellín, and the new season with Alavés will be his first taste of the European game. Born in Cáqueza, Torres started out in the youth categories at Independiente de Santa Fe - the club with whom he made his first team debut before signing for Atlético Nacional. His excellent performances last season earned him a call-up for the national team. He starred in the recent Copa América Centenario.
As for his profile, Torres is a midfield destoryer in the classic Argentinean style who plays just in front of the two centre-backs. His signing was expressly petitioned by Mauricio Pellegrino, who hopes the player can parade his leadership qualities in the centre of the park for Alavés' long-awaited return to the top flight. The Cafetero is the latest in a series of signings, including: Ortolá, Christian Santos, Sobrino, Feddal and Edgar Méndez.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays