Negredo seals one-year loan deal with Middlesbrough
Valencia, Middlesbrough and Álvaro Negredo have reached an agreement for a one-year loan at the Riverside. Boro reserve the option to buy the striker.
Álvaro Negredo met up with Middlesbrough in Marbella this evening, ahead of the team's friendly against Betis. Aitor Karanka got the chance to meet his sixth reinforcement of the pre-season - and the third Spaniard after bringing in Víctor Valdés and Antonio Barragán.
The operation is closed, but will only be completed when Negredo passes a medical tomorrow. The 30-year-old striker joins Boro on a one-year deal while the Premier League newcomers will reserve an option to buy him outright next summer.
Middlesbrough have respected Negredo's pay demands while Valencia have been able to cross off a sizeable sum from their paysheet. The player had three years to run on his contract although he is unlikely to return to Mestalla where he failed to settle.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Resident Evil Village demo: date, times, how to play on PS4/PS5, Xbox and PC
- ENTERTAINMENT Helen McCrory dies: what where her most famous roles? Peaky Blinders, Harry Potter...
- US NEWS Shooting at FedEx warehouse in Indianapolis leaves eight dead
- NFL NFL Draft 2021 top prospects: the 10 best players
- CORONAVIRUS Will a third vaccine dose for covid-19 be needed in the future?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How many people have received their third stimulus checks?